Kifaru House Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Kenya
Situated on the northern foothills of Mt. Kenya, Kifaru House is set on the 65,000 acre privately owned Lewa Wildlife Conservancy. Kifaru, the Swahili word for rhino, is the dream realized by one of the Lewa Conservancy’s donors. A private villa with no compromise in quality or comfort by a unique individual.
All income generated by Kifaru House is directly reinvested towards Lewa’s conservation and community projects. The house is hosted by a team of dedicated and well-trained guides, staff and rangers.
Six cottages with double rooms and ensuite bathrooms. Each cottage has large windows looking out on stunning views and furnished with beautiful colonial style furniture with canopied beds and private verandahs.
Power is provided 24 hours by a solar power inverter. Camera and phone batteries can be charged in the rooms and hair dryers can be used. There is a stereo and mini fridge in every room.
• A spacious living area with a comfortable sitting area around the fireplace
• The dining area includes a spectacular table crafted from ancient dhow wood plus an inviting fireplace
• Swimming pool which looks out towards Mt. Kenya
• A library with internet access, DVD player and satellite TV
• Laundry services provided
• Mobile phone networks available
• Massage, manicures and pedicures (extra charge) but prior notice must be given
• Credit card facilities – Amex, Mastercard and Visa
Full board accommodation, house-wines, beers & soft drinks. Champagne excluded. Special dietary requirements can be accommodated with prior notice.
• Shared game drives in open 4×4 vehicles with knowledgeable guides, both during the day and at night
• Game walks with an experienced guide
• Horse riding for both experienced riders and novices (hats and English saddles provided)
• Camel treks
• Visits to prehistoric sites
• Cultural visits with local communities
• Education talks on the history and day to day operation of the Conservancy
• Il’Ngwesi cultural village visit
• Heli-fishing on Lake Rutundu, Mt. Kenya – by pre-arrangement
• Massages, manicures and pedicures – prior notice must be given
• Daily scheduled flight (via Nanyuki) departing Wilson Airport to Lewa Downs airstrip.
• By private charter flight, directly to Lewa Downs airstrip
• By road, five hour drive from Nairobi.
Kifaru House will be closed in April and November